Aria of Sorrow: Game is freezing up

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Roots of Origin
Aria of Sorrow: Game is freezing up

Encountered what I'm worried will be a major setback in my playthrough of Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow. I'm in the final stretch of the game. I've defeated Graham Jones and am set to enter the Chaotic Realm, but I'm holding back on that until I have a 100% on soul collecting so I can get the Best Ending. Unfortunately, I think the game is freezing up whenever there is too much happening on screen at once. At first it wasn't very consistent, only a couple times, but whenever I fight the Giant Skeleton in The Arena, the game freezes. Immediately after killing it, or after it slams its club into the ground, the game freezes every time, even if the death animation isn't on screen. I restarted my computer just in case, I don't use Google Chrome, and I have the most recent update of Adobe Flash.

Please help if you can, thank you.

Note 1: I've fought the Giant Skeleton before without this happening, so I know something has changed to cause this.
Note 2: I have a 94.7% completion rate on soul collecting.
Note 3: It's happening more consistently with other enemies too. I killed a Zombie and it froze up again.
Note 4: I decided to reset and play from my last save in game (thank god I did that). I fought the Giant Skeleton again without issue. Games working fine now it seems.

admin
Really weird, glad to hear

Really weird, glad to hear you sorted this out.Please note that Flash emulation is quite resource consuming, so sometime sif you have too much background stuff it can lag.

admin
Savestates are unstable on

Savestates are unstable on this specific GBA game due to copy protection emulation not being perfect.