PlayStation - Now in BETA !

264 posts / 0 new
Last post
admin
I did not get a single word

I did not get a single word of what you said supersonicwarriors

dude2323
when can we expect ps1

when can we expect ps1 digimon world games?

supersonicwarriors
supersonicwarriors's picture
admin i meant to ask if the

admin i meant to ask if the new and improved psx emulator will work on chrome? also when i play the ps1 it lags everytime i press a button

p.s school's out, term ended yesterday so i will be spending more time on the forums :D

admin
I'm trying to keep everything

I'm trying to keep everything in Flash so yeah Chrome, Firefox, whatever.

If I have to move to HTML5 (faster here, but only on Firefox), then it would be Firefox only, but I don't like this solution so I'm sticking to Flash right now.

admin
Yu-Gi-Oh! - Forbidden

Yu-Gi-Oh! - Forbidden Memories PlayStation play here : http://game-oldies.com/play-online/yu-gi-oh-forbidden-memories-sony-playstation

Please confirm it's working.

admin
Also I fixed Marvel vs Capcom

Also I fixed Marvel vs Capcom : Clash of Super Heroes http://game-oldies.com/play-online/marvel-vs-capcom-clash-of-the-super-heroes-sony-playstation

MORE GAMES TO COME

supersonicwarriors
I TRIED MARVEL SUPER HEREOS

I TRIED MARVEL SUPER HEREOS IT SAYS PAGE NOT FOUND ( soz caps can't be assed to write the message again)

admin
Wrong URL, fixed it, try

Wrong URL, fixed it, try again.

Szostak16
Curious

Just wondering, how do you get all this on. Do you keep all of these games on your computer or on some external device? I find it amazing that you can do this all by yourself.

admin
Well it's the result of years

Well it's the result of years of collecting games around the Internet, countless hundreds hours of work programming to bring the emulators to Flash, and THOUSANDS hours of website work managing the website, forums, uploading the games and so on.

Szostak16
really

Wow. Keep up the good work. U r doing fantastic.

P.S. I just found out that you have fan-made games too. What made u decide to add those?

admin
Fan-made games you mean hacks

Fan-made games you mean hacks ?

Well Pokemon players keep begging for them so I added them because I wanted peace in order to focus on PSX, controls, and real stuff.

Szostak16
hacks

OH! ok, that makes things clearer. 

By the way, out of curiosity, what system do you intend to add after you finish adding playstation? i know you r focused on this one, but i was just curious, cause i have been telling my friends about this site, so this just adds reasons 4 them to use it.

admin
My first goal is to have PSX

My first goal is to have PSX clean and all other systems with minimal bugs ,quirks and so on.People are waiting for better gamepad support, 2P mode.

I think of venturing into netplay maybe, and / or maybe N64. Also many older systems like Colecovision, MSX Atari 2600, retro stuff like that.

But one day only has 24 hours, you know how it goes. Life.

LONEGUNNER78
LONEGUNNER78's picture
Hows the new loading system

Hows the new loading system for ps coming? Unfortunately i still cant play any of the games for it cause of the choppiness in sound and lagging. Hopefully something will work out soon...awesome job as always admin yes

Szostak16
request

by the way, do u have any transformers games or japanese fire emblem's? I don't mean to bother u, as u hav so many requests already, but u know, wondering.

I can wait; i only play 8 games at a time, and half of them i just started.

supersonicwarriors
admin i hope you can add this

admin i hope you can add this hame i've always wanted to play. it's called super butouden 3. i was wondering if you could add it? i made a post 3 days ago but no-one replied to it.

admin
super butouden 3 yeah I can

super butouden 3 yeah I can add just need to do find time

jordre24
you should try to add yugioh

you should try to add yugioh forbidden memories to the playstation mods! =) just a suggestion

admin
 yugioh forbidden memories is

yugioh forbidden memories is already here, what do you mean by mod ? It's not searchable yet because of indexing taking forever, should be okay in a week.

Dem Tasty Treats
the sound skips for me

the sound skips for me

admin
The sound skips for everyone,

The sound skips for everyone, it's not fullspeed yet.

kandriod
Popularity

Man, ever since you added the playstation the amount of new users has SKYROCKETED, we seriously got at least 1500 new players last week!

supersonicwarriors
awesome  

awesome

admin
Yes and it's only the BETA of

Yes and it's only the BETA of PlayStation guys.

supersonicwarriors
to be honest i wish you would

to be honest i wish you would have done n64 instead. OoT and SMK 64 r really games i would trade my xbox for! PSX is still awesome though! I have no doubts this will be something special!

Rogue
Have you added Final Fantasy

Have you added Final Fantasy tactics yet?

admin
Just added right now as the

Just added right now as the new server seems working fine : http://game-oldies.com/play-online/final-fantasy-tactics-sony-playstation

Rogue
Thanks, I always want to play

Thanks, I always want to play Final Fantasy Tactics on PSX

admin
Well, you can now. Did you

Well, you can now. Did you try it ?

Rogue
It's loading at the moment

It's loading at the moment,loading is slow maybe because FFT is big

I may have to wait a while to play

admin
Yes FFT is big, generally PSX

Yes FFT is big, generally PSX games are big so loading takes a while.

LittleAtticus1
 The Medievil game was a firm

The Medievil game was a firm favourite when i was a kid along with Drakan the anchients gate. Would love to see these added to psx admin. You rock by the way. lots of great games

admin
LittleAtticus1 thanks.I am

LittleAtticus1 thanks.I am adding PSX games on a daily basis. Smaller games first, bigger games then. I need to control the space we are using on the server. The new server does help as it can store more games but still, PSX games are huge.

supersonicwarriors
admin i was wondering if you

admin i was wondering if you added Butouden 3?

admin
Yes super butouden 3, patched

Yes super butouden 3, patched to English is here : http://game-oldies.com/play-online/dragon-ball-z-super-butouden-3-nintendo-super-nes#

EDIT : Okay it works, the game gives a black screen at startup (with sound) for a few seconds, don't be fooled by it. It's the French ROM translated to (mostly) English.

To start a game you need to do 1P VS ORD (1P VS 2P seems local multiplayer head to head, not supported)

SpideyForeva
Sony Playstation

Sound...Not so good. BUT the game not slow down!

supersonicwarriors
It's working and the sound is

It's working and the sound is ok but i still get lag everytime i press a button! Thanks for the game though! Always wanted to play it.

admin
I will look into this lagging

I will look into this lagging issue tomorrow.

LittleAtticus1
Thanks dude, yeah no preasure

Thanks dude, yeah no preasure. Keep up the good work.

5dtendw
not loading

None of the ps1 game are loading all the way for me.

admin
5dtendw what are your

5dtendw what are your experiencing exactly ?

Stuck on white bar ? (emulator loading)

Stuck on blue bar ? (game loading)

Stuck on "Start emulation" ? (game booting) 

McNamara
PS problems

I'm having the same problem with nearly every PS game I try.  I always get stuck with the blue bar.  It loads to a little over half way and stops there.  I did manage to load one Playstation game (Grand Theft Auto), but it ran very slowly and the sound didn't work at all.  Playstation games aren't really a priority for me, though.  Frankly, I'm surprised you've even added Playstation games to the site.  With a lot more buttons to worry about than Game Boy and Genesis games (I don't see how anyone can play Mortal Kombat on a keyboard without getting creamed), no handheld controller, and just the fact that you're trying to run an emulator of a much more sophisticated game system, I'd be surprised if I'll ever be able to play it here.

admin
McNamara

McNamara

I understand your concerns. True, PSX is challenging because of emulation speed, game size and controls.

Still, I think I can achieve this with time. Don't forget it is BETA.Since you think it is not a valuable addition to the website, what systems / features / whatever would you suggest to add ? I'm open to suggestions, honestly.

Regarding your loading problem, could you share your ISP (Internet Provider) and download speed (with a tool like http://www.speedtest.net/) ? 

Maybe our US server is "too cheap" and does not provide enough bandwidth at peak hours.Looking for your feedback.

McNamara
Suggestion

My suggestion?  How about some Sega Saturn games?  You have pretty much everything else from before the PSX, so I find it a bit odd that you don't have the Saturn here.  I actually bought a Sega Saturn from Vintage Stock a couple of years ago since the one I had when I was a kid had long since stopped working, and I think the other players here would get a kick out of some of the games on it if they haven't tried them.  The only games I have for it right now are Mr. Bones and Dark Savior, which are two of my all-time favorites not just on the console, but among games in general, due to their unique styles.  Nights Into Dreams and Blazing Dragons were also surprisingly entertaining.  The Saturn came out right before the PS1 did and is not quite as advanced in terms of memory and processing power as the latter, so in that regard I expect it would be a little easier to run on an emulator.  The other reason I'd like to see it here is that the Saturn has an unreliable save system, so paired with the instant save-state/load feature here, we could get more out of it.  And as for controls -- the Saturn's controller is nearly identical to the ABC/XYZ Genesis controller, the only difference being a pair of rarely used shoulder buttons.

As for my internet info:  My ISP is Cox Communications and downlaod speed according to that speed test is 22.54 Mbps.  I'm on a Dell laptop I just got new a little less than three months ago.  It's not built for gaming and the only games I play on it are free online games like the ones here and varous flash games, but it runs those and HD videos with no problem.

admin
McNamara I agree Saturn would

McNamara I agree Saturn would be a great addition.

Regarding emulation processing power still, it might surprise you but Saturn is two times the required power for PSX roughly.

I am a big Sega fan myself and would prefer Saturn over PSX, but PSX is easier right now.

Your computer seems fine, your internet speed good too, can you give a try loading some big Sega CD or NEO GEO games ?

I think the issue is the US download server (actually, it's in Canada) not playing nice with some US ISPs.

McNamara
Saturn is the more powerful

Saturn is the more powerful system?  I always thought it was the Playstation and that that was a big factor in its success.  I guess I assumed so because the PS1 games I played way back then seemed to have sharper graphics and smoother animation.  Anyway, I'll try a few Sega CD and NEO GEO games.  I've never played either system, so I guess now's the time to check them out.

McNamara
Sega CD, Neo Geo

Sega CD and Neo Geo games work just fine for me.  They take about 20 seconds to load -- longer than Genesis, SNES, and Gameboy games, but still reliable, and they run great.  It's just the PSX games that aren't working for me.

admin
McNamara the PSX games are

McNamara the PSX games are loaded from the same server. Actually all games are loaded from the same server, but we have one server for USA/Canada/Central America/South America and another one for Europe/Asia + rest of the world.

Which PSX games did not load successfully ? I need to manually process the PSX games and the process is quite error-prone so maybe you've been unlucky and most of the games you tested are messed up (I need to test them all in a row).

admin
McNamara I own you a big

McNamara I own you a big thank you. I just realized you were not able to load the PSX games (and many people probably) because of a PHP setting which was cutting the connection early if your internet is not blazing fast (< 30 Mbps) AND you load big games. So please give it a try now and tell me if it's better. It should.

Pages