After Vasteel fully downloaded, it caused an abnormal shutdown of my computer, TWICE! WTF?!?!?!

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
NightWolve
After Vasteel fully downloaded, it caused an abnormal shutdown of my computer, TWICE! WTF?!?!?!

Specs: Windows Vista Home Edition, 3GB RAM, (2008 PC hardware)Browser: Google ChromeFlash: 14+ Updated as of last week

1) I went here http://game-oldies.com/play-online/vasteel-nec-turbografx-16-cd#

2) I left it to download as my connection is slow, doing other things, viewing other browser tabs.

3) I came back to my PC the first time to find that it was shutdown, restarted it, said it shutdown abnormally. I tried loading the game again, and it just suddenly shutdown.

Question: WTF?!?!?!?!?! I almost lost a forum post I was working on (and could've lost other things permanently), but thankfully Chrome saved it!!!!Anyway, I don't have any kind of error report for you cause I wasn't looking at the tab that Vasteel was downloading in. Unless you can point me to Flash or browser logs, I dunno what help I could provide to get to the bottom of this...

admin
NightWolve,

NightWolve,

Hi, that is really strange. I just tried it on my Win 8.1 x64, 16 GB RAM, Chrome and Flash 14 and it works fine. Vasteel is not-that-big and I think it is not the core issue.Could you give a try at it in another browser like Firefox ? Flash is supposed to be secure and not to crash any computer as it is sandboxed, but since Chrome forks Flash into their own version, they might have screwed it up.

Anyone else experiencing issue ?

NightWolve
I used Opera, and it worked

I used Opera, and it worked fine. Then I cleared the cache in Chrome, only used one tab, nothing else running in the background, it too worked fine after that... I eliminated the problem, and have no way to reproduce it for you now, so not much use in troubleshooting. I too was surprised this could happen and am lucky I wasn't in the middle of serious work that could've been lost, but anyway, dunno what to tell ya...

admin
Yeah this sounds like a

Yeah this sounds like a security flaw frrom Flash, really bad.