How to save?

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
ATPM
How to save?

OK. I tried to save with F1 but it didn't work. I am using a Gateway computer, so how do i save and load without F's?

mopjockey
mopjockey's picture
browser maybe?

what browser are you using? some browers have problem saving IE in particular. if i may make a suggestion Firefox works with no problems for me but there are others that work fine too. If problems still persist an admin would know more but i hope i was able to help u

messinger_2
Wouldn't it be nice if the

Wouldn't it be nice if the site simply had a pop-up save window before and after each game.  They have that kind of system in 80s Arcadee but it doesn't work. At least it doesn't for me. And I can't ask admins why it doesn't work as they have apparently abandoned their site.

REALSuperCloud15
Mac

If you have a mac you press FN+F1 to save

REALSuperCloud15
and admins

And admins are one frequently they just have a lot on their plate. one was just on a couple hours ago

messinger_2
Would you be so kind as to

Would you be so kind as to clarify what you mean. And I keep asking this but people in here I guess are too busy trying to get the games to work for them.

You say FN key... are you saying hit the F key followed by the N key or do you depress both of then together?

When you say F1... are you saying the F1 key on the top row or are you saying saying the F key followed by the 1 key or hitt bot the F and 1 keys together?

We could probablly make things a lot simpler by just clarifying what it is we are suppose to do. Every forum in here is loaded with the same types of questions and that because no one is bothering to fully explain things. And that also applies to how we play a game in the MSG prompt. Admins need to make things easier on themselves by just clarifying rather than giving abrupt pointers.

mopjockey
mopjockey's picture
On Mac computers you must

On Mac computers you must hold down the "fn" key located at the bottom left of your keyboard and then press f(1-9) to bypass the macs built in shortcuts. However you've stated that you're using a gateway computer so you would not have a "fn" key. now as for the actual process of saving games you must save "in game first" this means saving the game like you normally would on the game. Once the game says it has saved then you will need to press the "f1" key ( usually located above your number "1" key ) the game screen should momentarily freeze and darken a little but than it should return to normal brightness and unfreeze. This is how you know the game has successfully saved. Now you can quit the game and when you return all you have to do to resume playing is wait for the game to load first and then press the "f2" key and you're back in buisness

Happy Gaming :)

messinger_2
Thanks for the clarification

Thanks for the clarification mopjockey. Unfortunately they don't work for me. I now get the FN key is only on MAC I have a desktop. I also have AOL which doesn't allow for the use of the F1 key stroke except to bring up AOL HELP SCREEN. SO that leaves F2 and F3. Now, you say hit the F1 key after you SAVE in the game. So here's what I did. Forget the F1 key don't forget.

After I saved the game went back to the select file screen. Now on this screen is when I hit the button that always freezes my game. I hit the F key.  My game froze momentarily. then went back to the title screen. I then left the game. I checked to see if the game was in My Saved Games... it wasn't. But I selected the game from the list and let it load, after loading and when the title screen showed, I then  clicked the F3 key. Nothing was on the game page... my data was gone.

Now with my comp the F3 key will turn the screen gray, while the F2 key will freeze it.  However they don't regurgitate the game.  I have no idea how I lucked up and saved LoZ.  It doesn't work anyway.  Tell me though  now that you've told us how to save each time we leave the game now all we need do is Save ingame and exit, then hit F2 on return.? By the way do we hit F on the title screen or elsewhere?  THANKS!!!

mopjockey
mopjockey's picture
Hmm I've never used AOL

Hmm I've never used AOL so that's an interesting problem of not being able to use the "F1" key. I'm sorry but without the f1 it wont save as for i know.. :/ I'm not that knowlagable so I suggest messaging an Admin but if you haven't heard yet there will be a big update tomorrow so you won't have to use the F keys any more instead we will have a proper save and load button on the side of the game so hopefully this will solve your problem. Anyone else who may be reading this remember you can actually hit "F2" at any point in the game to load up your "save" and "F3" can re-set the game at any point in the game but "F1" must always be done right after you save in game meaning DO NOT go to title screen or quit before hitting the "F1" key. Hope this helps everyone

messinger_2
:)  AOL trips a lot. Trust me

:)  AOL trips a lot. Trust me! Like the auto timer they have that goes off every 34 minutes when it thinks you've been online too long.  But right now I need to Rebuild AOL. Anyway. I saw a few other posts in here saying when they hit the F1 button they also get a HELP screen.  What is the F1 button usually for?

SO according to this,

" Anyone else who may be reading this remember you can actually hit "F2" at any point in the game to load up your "save" and "F3" can re-set the game at any point in the game but "F1" must always be done right after you save in game meaning DO NOT go to title screen or quit before hitting the "F1" key." I may have done something wrong again. And mopjockey, don't forget that I do have Legend of Zelda in My Saved Games. Sooo, I had to get it there without using the F1 key. Unless I someohow did an override of it. But every and any time I hit F1 the AOL Help Page opens.

YEAH!!! Super excited to see if the New SAVE BUTTON will truly work for all of us.  Fingers crossed Admins... :) 

messinger_2
I know you won't believe this

I know you won't believe this but I've somehow managed to save Zelda II.  What I did was just accepted that the F1 button is suppose to Freeze the game as stated and so when the AOL Help Screen came up I just ignored it and deleted it. I think I then re-hit the F1 key. and did the other prescribed steps to Save.  Anyway I now have two SAVED Games in my MSG list.

My problem: Now that I have saved the game, to retain my data from play to play do I need to do anything with the F1 or F2 key or is the game now in memory and all I need do is save in game and exit. Then upon replaying hit the F2 key.

mopjockey
mopjockey's picture
That is an interresting work

That is an interresting work around you've devised there congrats on the success! Unfortunatley you must do all the same steps everytime you save so no you can't just save in game and exit or otherwise you will just start where u last properly saved :( I'm not sure what the function of the "F1" key is for normal operations either. I'm not all that computer savvy but I suppose it may be possable to find another key that performs just like the "F1" key like you said. Hopefully the new updates will be here soon and the nightmare will be over.

messinger_2
Oh man! That is a bummer! 

Oh man! That is a bummer!  Well, I'll give it a go and see what happens later.  I'm even less computer savvy than you. That's why I stick with AOL. their in house tech support.  :)  Thanks mopjockey... HAGO  :)

messinger_2
Okay mopjockey and admins, I

Okay mopjockey and admins, I think I've finally got this save thing down thanks to mopjockey's clarifications. When you have as many people complaining as you do in here you have to be very specific when helping them.  We don't all use the same type of comp. All the posting had to be WORK for the Admins. While I don't mind doing a job, I hate working at it.

If you are still having a problem Saving read this thread carefully. If you still don't get it. ASK!  I understand a general Save maybe on its way. YEA!  Until then this thread should help/.  BTW, if when you press F1 your systems Help Page opens, just close it and your game screen should be frozen as it is Saving.  If it doesn't unfreeze after 5 minutes or so. Just close it. And proceed with mopjockey's instructions for replaying. You should find that you have saved the game.  Don't Pump the F1 Key.

If we all work together we can all play together.  :)  Please, Admins darken the type face. It's like looking at silver through a cloud.

admin
And the new version with even

And the new version with even easier saving is just live !

I'm so glad I finally pushed it !

darknessmaster123
saving

THIS WEBSITE WON'T LET ME SAVE FOR SOME RANDOM REASON I ALWAYS AM HAVING TO PLAY MY GAMES OVER AGAIN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IN GREAT DETAIL HOW TO SAVE

darknessmaster123
this website won't let me save

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO SAVE MY GAME  I AM TIRED OF ALWAYS HAVING TO RESTART EVERYGAME I PLAY

darknessmaster123
WINDOWS SAVINGS

please tell me how to save for hp computer

admin
No need to triple post.

No need to triple post.

Launch a game, press the SAVE button below the game.When you start back, launch a game, wait for game launched, press the LOAD button below the game.

darknessmaster123
admin i need a bit more detail

admin if you read this can you give a bit more detail or if you are the admin i think you are i will see you on team extreme and you an tell me there i just don't understand what you are talking about

admin
I explained it already.Launch

I explained it already.Launch a game when you are logged in. You are, since you are posting on this forum.Play.Press SAVE below the game.

Wait, resume your game.

Come back, start the game you want to load.Press LOAD below the game (once the game has booted).

Wait, enjoy your saved game.

darknessmaster123
admin sorry i just made a

admin sorry i just made a mistake but it works now thank you now i can finally continue in my game

biligupk
pls help me i saved game in

pls help me i saved game in wrong moment i want to go save before that wrong place pls help

biligupk
Admin Pls Help Me     

Admin Pls Help Me 

admin
biligupk please explain your

biligupk please explain your issue correctly

Which game, which system ? 

Did you press LOAD instead of SAVE ?