Sega cd online game problem

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
SugarMinuet
Sega cd online game problem

Hi, I was wanting to play Popful Mail (sega cd online), but it goes VERY slow when loading the blue bar, and then when it does, it only gives me a white screen with 'starting emulation' on it. Never gets to the game. I tried on both on google chrome and internet explorer with no other tabs up. (Also my flash player is updated) Can you help? Other games work fine though. (Ironically, it's my beloved childhood game with a problem :P ) Anyway, thank you! I hope you can help.

admin
SugarMinuet where do you live

SugarMinuet where do you live (country) ?

We have several download servers, and knowing for which users server is good or not will benefit others.

Here Popful Mail loads and work fine (but I have 100 mbits connection).Also do you have knowledge of your computer CPU (processor) and Memory (RAM) ?

Thanks !

SugarMinuet
My info

Thank you for the quick reply! I live in the US, my computer CPU is a Genuine Intel(R) CPU (and then there are some numbers beside it; do you need that?) And my RAM has 1.00 GB installed. (By the way, I have a Windows 7 Ultimate) My connection speed is only 17 mbps. Maybe that has something to do with it. Anyway, I hope this helped! Let me know if you need anything else. Again, thank you!

SugarMinuet
Sorry, I just realized that

Sorry, I just realized that the17 mbps I said is not the actual connection speed; just the downloading speed. Wrong number. :P

admin
SugarMinuet the problem is

SugarMinuet the problem is the RAM of your computer.We have to load the full SegaCD game into computer memory and since the game is like 500 MB it fills up your RAM/memory.

I'm afraid there is no easy fix so far, I would need to rewrite SegaCD to "stream" CD tracks instead of big download, but it's a huge work.

Let me think about it.Meanwhile you can give a shot to Popful Mail on NEC PC Engine CD, it's lighter.

SugarMinuet
Ohh I see. That makes sense.

Ohh I see. That makes sense. Is there a way to add memory to my computer? Anyway, either way, thanks for your help! I understand now. Guess I'll try the NEC PC Engine CD one then. :)  Is it the same game?

Oh and one more thing, when you start a new game on the Sega CD, it asks you how you want to save. What should someone put as their save location? (I think it said it detected a RAM card, should it be stored there?) A friend of mine wanted to know. Thanks! (And sorry for so many questions)

admin
Don't bother with the SegaCD

Don't bother with the SegaCD saving  question stuff.When using Game Oldies it saves the whole emulated system in our private cloud, so it does not matter.

Yes PC Engine CD version is the same game.You can add memory to your computer sure, if it's worth it (I can guess it's a pretty old one with only 1 Gig of memory).I suggest 4 Gig to play SegaCD properly.

SugarMinuet
Thanks! But...

Okay, got it thanks! So, I got up to the Golem Tower in the game, but all of a sudden, after I died, I pressed LOAD on the bottom of the screen to load my game from its last save point, it took me there, but is stuck! I can't move, the on-screen graphics won't move either, and the game music is stuck on one note and is endlessly playing; in other words, nothing is working. Every time I close chrome and try to re-load my game, it goes back to the same stuck screen. Wish there was some way to fix this, as I was just starting to get excited about the game working haha :P

Anyway, no pressure, was just wondering if you knew a fix for this glitch. Thanks--

admin
Thanks for reporting the

Thanks for reporting the glitch, I will have a look at it when I have some free time.

SugarMinuet
Thank you! Appreciate it--

Thank you! Appreciate it--

SugarMinuet
Aw dang it. Now not even the

Aw dang it. Now not even the LOAD button is working. It wouldn't go to the glitched screen anymore when I tried to load the game. Then when I tried to start/save a new game, when I died, the LOAD button wasn't working for that one either. Kinda stinks. :(

admin
SugarMinuet which game on

SugarMinuet which game on which system please ?

SugarMinuet
Same game and system

Same game and system ironically. Popful Mail on Sega CD. Don't know what's up with it.

admin
weird

weird
please bear with me a few more days as I am returning home tomorrow and I will be able to debug.
I have no tools here to dig into your issue.

please remind me here if I forget about it hehe

SugarMinuet
Haha thanks admin; I

Haha thanks admin; I completely understand! Thanks for your willingness to help. :)
Will excitedly await until you can fix the issue then!

SugarMinuet
Hey Admin, just letting you

Hey Admin, just letting you know that the Popful Mail still isn't working. I can start a new game, but if I try to load my previous game, it goes back to the glitched screen. (no movement and endless 1-note music) I'd hate to abandon my old game, and if there was any way to get it back, that would be great. Also, who's to say if I start a new game, if when I got back to Golem Tower, it would glitch up again. Anyway, didn't want to bug you about this--was just reminding you that the problem persists. I know you're very busy though! Thanks for your time.

darksb
Same Here.. But

I Got the same problem, but after many refresh and many load, my save game finaly look good. Maybe a problem when the save is load and get corrupt .. dunno.